New to Elevate? Maybe this video may help answer some questions...
- 3150 S Orange Ave
- Suite 202 - 204 (Upstairs)
- Orlando, FL 32806
T: 407 708 9225
New to Yoga
What if it is my first time to yoga?
- Welcome to your practice! At Elevate Yoga Center, we welcome all bodies and all ages. Please let your teacher know about any injuries you have and start with a beginner’s class, listed below.
What classes are suitable for beginners?
- To learn the fundamentals of the physical poses (asanas) and enjoy a physically-challenging class, try a Hatha class or Aerial Foundations. To relax, dissolve stress and anxiety, and become more grounded, try a Restorative class, Yin Class or even a Gentle Aerial Class .
What are the benefits of yoga?
- In the short-term, the practice of yoga brings immediate relief of stress, better sleep, and increased strength and flexibility. When practiced for years, the practice of yoga brings about a complete change in the physical body, a shift in perspective regarding one’s relationships, the ability to know oneself, and the power to find peace in the midst of challenge.
New to Elevate Yoga Center
How do I sign up for classes?
- Please visit our Classes Page and click on the Register Button. You will be sent to create an account in the MindBody Website. Every individual will need to complete this process since each login auto signs the studios liability waiver.
Are there any specials for first-timers?
- Yes. We have multiple discount packages listed on the classes and pricing tab.
Do I need to bring my own mat to class?
- You are welcome to bring your own mat, but the studio provides them in addition to props such as straps, blocks, blankets and bolsters.
What if I am recovering from an injury or surgery?
- Please let your teacher know at the beginning of class. A private lesson is an excellent way to rebuild your practice after an injury or surgery. Please contact email@example.com or one of your teachers to schedule.
Is there parking?
- Yes, Elevate Yoga Center students are welcome to park in the TWO lots directly behind the building and the bank parking to the North of the building.
Can I rent the space for a private event?
- Absolutely! Please either call or email firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your event. You can also click on the tab for Private Parties and schedule an event directly from there.
Why is there singing at the beginning of class?
- We honor the full path of yoga, which includes study, service, breathwork, meditation, and singing in addition to the physical poses (asanas) . The singing is a time to transition from a busy day to a more subtle awareness of your body and mind. This dedicated time facilitates a more empowered asana practice. There is never any pressure to sing; all voices welcome.
How do I contact Elevate Yoga Center?
- For questions about your class package, please contact email@example.com
Studio policy & etiquette
How early should I arrive to class?
- Please come 15 minutes early to class to check in, set up your yoga space, change and unwind. This will also be less disturbing to others and yourself than a last-minute arrival.
What should I do once I arrive?
- Please take your shoes off right away and place them underneath the benches or in a cubby. Please be sure to tell the teacher if you are new, if you have specific injuries, conditions, concerns, or if you are pregnant.
How can I make my check-in at the front desk faster?
- Please sign-in online, then when you arrive no time will be needed to confirm your account.
What if I am late for class?
- We do lock our doors 5 minutes after the start time for class. Please do not knock on the door and disrupt this peaceful time for everyone in class.
What if I need to leave early?
- If you find that you need to leave early, please let your teacher know before class and be prepared by keeping your things organized, staying in the back of the room, and leaving before Savasana, the final relaxation, and the meditation begin. Please do not leave during Savasana or meditation as to honor those who are practicing deeply.
What is the studio cancellation policy?
- We do have a 12 hour cancellation policy. If you find you are going to not make it to class please make sure to Early Cancel.
Where should I put my things (i.e. purse, shoes, jacket, etc)?
- Cubicles are provided. Please keep all personal items out of the class space including cell phones, bags, purses, etc., so the space is clear for other’s and the teacher’s mobility. Please turn off your cellphone when you leave it in the entry area.
Can I share a class pass?
- Sorry at this time passes can not be shared
What is Aerial Yoga?
What is aerial yoga?
- Elevate Aerial Yoga is a new type of Yoga that uses a fabric hammock, sometimes called a yoga swing, as a tool to help students achieve the traditional Yoga positions.
Can anyone do aerial yoga?
- Yes! We offer classes for all fitness levels. Provided one does not have any physical abnormalities, anyone who can do at least 2 consecutive push ups can do aerial Yoga.
How hard is a aerial yoga class?
- It depends. No matter what, YOU monitor your own resistance so each class is as hard as or as easy as you choose to work.
Will I be successful in my first class?
- Yes! Everyone leaves the class a success! Since this is a YOGA class there is no competition nor ego encouraged. Everyone works at their own pace.
What should I wear?
- Wear workout wear that covers armpits and legs. Cotton or cotton blend fabric is best (non-slippery). Not too loose clothing. Gloves and Socks can be worn as well. NO JEWELRY
What should I bring to an aerial yoga class?
- Water, sweat towel and a mat (if you want your own – we also have mats available for use in the studio!)
Do I need to be a yoga practitioner?
Should I come on an empty stomach?
- We recommend having something in the stomach to stave off dizziness, however, we do not recommend a big meal.
Will I get dizzy doing aerial yoga?
- If one has a strong propensity for dizziness or a “hips over head” spatial awareness style dyslexia this is not the technique for them.
How will I feel after an aerial yoga class?
- You will feel taller and lighter. Your muscles will have a pump and you will be refreshed!
Are you sure the Yoga Hammock will hold me?
- Every portion of the silk yoga swing is rated for over 2000 pounds. The points in the ceiling where our aerial yoga equipment is suspended have been placed by a professional contractor and certified by an engineer.
What if I am afraid?
- The difference between fear and excitement in the body is relaxation. In Yoga, we bring ourselves to presence before we begin class. During an inversion you are only 3 inches off the ground.
Who would you recommend should be cautious with an aerial yoga class?
- People who are or have very high or low blood pressure, easy onset vertigo, pregnancy, glaucoma, recent surgery, heart disease, osteoporosis, bone weakness, recent head injury, cerebral sclerosis, propensity for fainting, artificial hips, carpal tunnel syndrome, severe arthritis, sinusitis or head cold, recent stroke, botox injections (within 6 hours)
What if my question isn’t answered here? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.